Boiling Springs Baptist Church in Boiling Springs, NC, seeks part-time minister to youth grades 6-12. Areas of responsibility include planning and working with youth, parents, and church staff. Applicant should be a self-starter; work well without direct supervision; have good organizational, time management, and communication skills; and be a team player. Expertise in using social media and online tools a must. Experience working with youth is preferred. Send letter of interest and resume to [email protected] no later than July 1.
The minister to youth will work with the ministerial staff and lay leaders to carry out the vision and goals of Boiling Springs Baptist Church by facilitating the spiritual formation of youth grades 6-12, teaching in small and large group settings, and developing leaders among both youth and adults.
Job responsibilities and duties could include:
- Planning discipleship/Bible study for Wednesday night;
- Structuring games and recreation for balance with study and discipleship training;
- Attending lunch, sporting events, prayer breakfasts, etc. at local schools at least monthly;
- Working with the Youth Committee to plan a monthly event outside of Bible study;
- Working with the Youth Committee on fundraising for summer camps or missions
- Maintaining a social media presence for BSBC youth;
- Coordinating and attending summer camp and/or missions project;
- Assisting youth Sunday School leadership; and
- Other duties as assigned by the pastor or other supervisor.